Saturday, November 24, 2007

What day is it?

My week is really messed up. I woke up this morning and it really took me a couple minutes to figure out what day it is. DH has been working crazy schedules. It all began a week ago Monday and Tuesday when he worked 2nd shift. Then Wednesday and Thursday he was off. Then that Friday started 7 days of 3rd shift. Whew! We're all glad that's over! Yesterday he was "off" but had to try to sleep a couple hours so he could sleep last night, because this morning he started 7 days of 1st shift. He usually works M-F on 1st, so when I woke up and realized he had said good-bye before he left (sometimes I can't even remember if he did), I was thinking it was a weekday. I came out into the living room kind of looking forward to Fox & Friends and just as I was about to turn on the tv, I realized, "It's Saturday." Boo.

I think I may have solved my dilemma with needing someone to be Joseph. I am going to ask the teen boy in the choir to be Joseph and we'll set the creche scene on stage and he can walk in and out of it when he sings and is needed in the play. I'll just have to do some rearranging of the staging. Gotta do what ya gotta do.

I picked up stamps yesterday for Christmas cards. Guess that means I need to work on cards someday soon. Just add it to my list of things to do.

Wednesday DH put the Christmas lights up on the house. While he was moving the ladder, he broke the storm window in Baby's room. She was napping at the time and I went in there as soon as DH told me. She kept saying, "Scared," and "Broke it." Poor baby. FIL had the glass replaced and DH put the window back last night. Oh well.

I turned the lights on Thursday night; they look so pretty. And then DH and Little Boy decorated the porch yesterday and finished last night. It was so cold; I think I would have waited until today, but they wanted to get it done. So, for the first time he can remember, we are the first house on our street to get lights up and turned on. Little Boy keeps asking if it's Christmas. I think he's getting excited. We told him last night that we're only getting him and his sister a couple presents. He didn't seem to happy, but I know he'll enjoy the gifts he's getting. Why do i feel a little guilty for not over-indulging him? What a trap!

More later.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Don't you hate that when your week gets messed up? The whole of hunting season and Thanksgiving is like that for us ... hopefully all your schedules - work and otherwise - will be back to normal soon!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets