MIL was showing me a catalog tonight - she was telling me how great the stuff is - it's Lakeside - I've bought many things from it - it's cheap and a lot of it ends up being junky. So she had pages marked - one of them was a microphone on a stand. So how does she do it? I almost ordered 2 mic's from another company (Toys to Grow On) that sells better quality stuff. I asked her if she'd ordered it and of course, she did. I asked her if she only ordered one and of course she did. She said the height would work for both kids. I mentioned that I had seen one in another catalog and was going to order 2 b/c the kids fight over the same toy all the time. She said she had ordered something else for Baby and showed me. So, I don't know what to do. Should I order another one like she ordered, order one of the original ones I saw, or wait and see if she's going to buy a second one (doubtful).
I just don't know how she does it. Last year it was the shopping cart fiasco. I was going to get 2 shopping carts from Playskool, but she told me not to b/c she had ordered one. I went ahead and ordered one. The one she ordered was a flimsy piece of junk that has wobbly, rotating wheels that rattle so bad I banished it to outside play. I really don't know if it's the wheels or the fact that she bought it. The kids fight over the one cart so much that I wish I had just bought 2 anyway.
So, MIL let me know this AM that C. left work early Wed. b/c she was feeling sick. FIL was concerned b/c she didn't have a voice, and offered to go get her (40 min. drive) and take her to a walk-in clinic (50 min. drive) and then take her home (50 min. drive) and then come home (40 min. drive). Hmmm. Didn't I lose my voice a very short while ago? MIL assured me at the time that she was sure I'd be fine. Sick. So, MIL then tells me that C. was not cooking dinner for her in-laws and MIL invited her and her DH to come eat with all of US. WHAT? If she's THAT sick she needs to STAY HOME! Until we got there, we didn't know if we should bring along our masks. Apparently she decided to stay home. MIL said it was so sad that she couldn't even enjoy Thanksgiving dinner. I reminded her that last year our family was sick and WE didn't have Thanksgiving dinner. It took her a while to remember, but she did. Whatever.
I baked the Schwann's pie and made a pecan pie. The pecan pie was a little too sweet. I think I'll try something else next time.
MIL told Little Boy tonight that she is going to clear off the end of the dining room table. She has snow houses and some animated snow scenes that she leaves out all year b/c Little Boy loves them. She announced at the dinner table that she had to do that to make room for 3 more chairs (C., DH and his daughter). Little Boy got very upset. So why didn't she just do it instead of getting him worked up? Like we care why.
I guess it boils down to just about everything she does bugs me.
1 comment:
Can you just tell her - like in October - what you want to get for the kids? You know, something like, "It seems like we've the same idea of what to get for the kids the last couple of years. Just so we don't do that this year, here's what I'm planning on getting them." Then you could get the quality and quantity you want. Doesn't help for this year, but maybe it would for next year?
Post a Comment