I've had a horrible headache most of the day. My throat is beginning to hurt when I swallow. This morning I woke up feeling like I had taken too much cold medicine, so I didn't take any until late afternoon. Must be why the kiddies decided to be rotten today. They fought all day long over toys. Whatever one picked up, the other wanted. And of course, every toy they picked up was a noisy one. I was so relieved to put them down at naptime.
I've been surfing today, looking at blogs of some very artistic people. I feel a little more motivated.
Our little girl cracks me up. There is a photo of her on the fridge with a magnetic frame over it. The center opening is a circle. She was looking at it the other day and I told her that was "Baby" - what she calls herself. She put her hands up by the sides of her face to form a circle. Daddy and I laughed and now she does it whenever she walks into the kitchen.
Daddy is running around the house with the two little ones playing army. The kiddies have their play helmets and Daddy pulled out a real helmet and they are playing hide and seek and blast with tanks.
We ate Pumpkin Pancakes for dinner tonight. We all liked them, so I'll have to keep a can of pumpkin on hand now. Here's the recipe:
Pumpkin Pancakes
Mix:
2 c. Bisquick
1/3 c. sugar
2 T. brown sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. allspice
Add:
1 can evaporated milk
1 1/2 c. pumpkin
2 T. oil.
2 eggs
Add:
1 tsp. vanilla
Cook on heated griddle or in pan over medium-low heat. Serve with syrup or honey.
Definitely not diet food, eh? I sure need to get back on track.
I really need to run to Hagerstown soon. Little girl needs shoes and I need to go to Sam's. I just hate to take her with me; it ends up being such a long trip.
This month I see the bone doctor. I need to figure out what's going on with my legs/ankles/feet. Of course, my tendency is to jump to the worst conclusion. I'm not looking forward to the appointment, but it will be a relief to know what's going on. Between that appointment and the two dentist appointments, I am ready to take some time off!
Well, it's bedtime for babies, so I need to go help. Hope you are all well. If not, I have a basket full of cold & allergy stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment