Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Day

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I was talking Little Boy this morning about the Pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving dinner. He told me (with his "I'm smarter than you" look) that it wasn't just those people, but the Indians, too.

We have the Macy's Day Parade on and so far have only seen Broadway stuff - the kids keep asking when they'll see Jo Jo's balloon. How am I supposed to know? The Rockette's costumes are UGLY.

Last night I made cranberry jello salad for MIL. It is really good; we have it at Thanksgiving and Christmas every year. Of course, DH won't touch it. I plan on making a pecan pie and cooking the Schwann's pumpkin pie MIL gave me to bake. I looked on the box but couldn't find an expiration date. Hopefully it's not from last year. (That has happened.) Ewww.

I got an email from my older sister. She is missing family. I was thinking about Thanksgiving dinner at G&G's. We had to sit around a little table on all kinds of little chairs. It was best when we were too little to wash and dry dishes. You'd think with all the adult women there, we wouldn't have had to do the clean up. Remind me that in a couple years, huh?

No comments:

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets