
Pasta with pumpkin and sausage - thanks for nothing, Rachel Ray. Why wouldn't I realize that pumpkin and garlic don't really belong in the same bowl, much less the same meal? And then I added the spice that pushed it over the edge. 1/2 tsp. nutmeg. Can you just imagine? The smell about made me barf. But I put it on the table and asked DH to turn on the oven, b/c if the kids had the same reaction I was having, we were going to be eating pizza. DH and I never said a word, put a helping on each of the kids plates and prayed.
They ate it. Baby ate 4 servings. Granted neither of them liked the sausage. I ate 3 small servings. DH ate 2. Little Boy ate 1 1/2.
We talked about the fact that it was a Rachel Ray recipe. DH said a co-worker thought he would like to eat her cooking. I told DH he could take the leftovers to him, except I don't want anyone to think that is a representation of my cooking.
As we finished, Little Boy announced that he had *won* since in his mind he finished first (he didn't). We informed him that Baby had really *won*, Mommy came in second, Daddy came in third, and Little Boy came in fourth, which meant he was last. His reply was hilarious.
"Well, next time, if Mommy makes GOOD food, I'LL win!"
I pretended to cry. Daddy asked him if he realized that he was saying that Mommy didn't fix good food. He could only tilt his head to the side and say, "Well...."
We all followed up our dinner with a nice, crisp, crunchy dill pickle to cleanse our palettes.
So, now what to do with the huge bowl of leftovers. DH said we could give it to MIL & FIL, or feed a neighborhood dog. I didn't think that would be a good idea. What if the dog died? I said we could send it down to our former pastor.
That's the only person I dislike enough to warrant sharing.
1 comment:
"What if the dog died?" Come on, you guys ate it! LOL!
And kudos to all of you for trying it. I think three of the four people in our house would turn their noses up at it. :) And possibly the fourth!
Post a Comment