Friday, September 26, 2008

Potato Plan

So I've been thinking more about getting back into more meal planning, and I came across a lady who uses mainly potatoes for her freezer cooking. She said she usually does 60 lbs. of potatoes for her day of cooking! 60 lbs.!

I like her ideas, and think it would be fun to try, but definitely on a smaller scale. We eat a lot of pasta, and I think I'd like to make homemade pasta. I also buy alot of frozen fries and onion rings, but I would love to be able to pull out something more healthy.

Her plan includes really good steps that she has learned by trial and error, and she gives her recipe ideas.

I've been finding that there are many sites for meal planning, but most of them require a paid membership.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Thanks for posting that link; I'll be keeping it. I do freezer mashed potatoes, but have never tried the other things she talks about. Something new to try for our next cooking day!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets