Ok. I'm a Republican. I really like Sarah Palin so far. And I like McCain way more than I will ever like Obama. I think Palin is a breath of fresh air, but I am sure there will be things brought to light about her that I don't like. No one is perfect. But there are aspects of the political arena that make me really tired.
Like scrutinizing every part of a candidate's personal life. I don't need to know their daily schedule, I don't need to know what their driving record is, or their medical record. I don't need to know what designer they wear, because I will never run out and buy something just because I saw one of them wear it. I don't need to know what kind of perfume they wear. I really don't care.
I think Michelle Obama and Cindy McCain are both beautiful women. I think one of them is more loud-mouthed and brassy than the other. I think both of them dress impeccably, in a always-on-stage, need-to-impress sort of way. I think the report that Cindy McCain's outfit cost over $300,000 was a surprise, to say the least. Until I started reading the fine print.
There are people who are all in a tizzy over this. And there is no way on earth I would ever even have that kind of money, much less spend it on an outfit. But the accusation that she spent that much money on her "outfit" is quite misleading. "Vanity Fair editors estimated that McCain’s fierce saffron shirt dress with the popped collar, diamond earrings, four-strand pearl necklace, white Chanel watch and strappy shoes totaled up to $313,100."

So, take out the cost for the diamond earrings, pearl necklace, Chanel watch. These are items that she may have already owned; they could have been gifts. Or they could have been on loan to her. In any case, I don't think it's completely honest to include them in her "outfit." When I think outfit, I think of the clothes. So how much was the dress and shoes? About $3600. That is still way too extravagant on my budget, but she is a millionaire. I don't think anyone would even blink an eye if Oprah, or any other Hollywood big-wig, said she spent that on an outfit. She wore a $5000+ gown to an awards show, and everyone praised her taste.
I think Sarah Palin has the opportunity to bring some sanity back to the White House. Let's hope she gets the opportunity.
2 whole months left of this junk. Joy, joy.
Like scrutinizing every part of a candidate's personal life. I don't need to know their daily schedule, I don't need to know what their driving record is, or their medical record. I don't need to know what designer they wear, because I will never run out and buy something just because I saw one of them wear it. I don't need to know what kind of perfume they wear. I really don't care.
I think Michelle Obama and Cindy McCain are both beautiful women. I think one of them is more loud-mouthed and brassy than the other. I think both of them dress impeccably, in a always-on-stage, need-to-impress sort of way. I think the report that Cindy McCain's outfit cost over $300,000 was a surprise, to say the least. Until I started reading the fine print.
There are people who are all in a tizzy over this. And there is no way on earth I would ever even have that kind of money, much less spend it on an outfit. But the accusation that she spent that much money on her "outfit" is quite misleading. "Vanity Fair editors estimated that McCain’s fierce saffron shirt dress with the popped collar, diamond earrings, four-strand pearl necklace, white Chanel watch and strappy shoes totaled up to $313,100."

So, take out the cost for the diamond earrings, pearl necklace, Chanel watch. These are items that she may have already owned; they could have been gifts. Or they could have been on loan to her. In any case, I don't think it's completely honest to include them in her "outfit." When I think outfit, I think of the clothes. So how much was the dress and shoes? About $3600. That is still way too extravagant on my budget, but she is a millionaire. I don't think anyone would even blink an eye if Oprah, or any other Hollywood big-wig, said she spent that on an outfit. She wore a $5000+ gown to an awards show, and everyone praised her taste.
I think Sarah Palin has the opportunity to bring some sanity back to the White House. Let's hope she gets the opportunity.
2 whole months left of this junk. Joy, joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment