Monday, September 1, 2008

Princess Birthday Party

So Baby turned 3 last Friday. How is that even possible? She is the funniest, cutest, sweetest, sassiest little thing.

She opened a present Friday morning and blew out a candle in a muffin at breakfast. She was a bit confused why we weren't having a party yet. I was up until 3:30 am that night - decorating her birthday cake. I used frosting from a can - I thought I had two cans. But when I pulled out the frosting, one can was vanilla and one was cream
cheese. Great. So I frosted the whole cake from one can. Pretty good, if you ask me.

So Saturday we had her party. Grandma and Granddad, Cathy and Jim and his daughter came. She had a huge pile of gifts. She also got a two-wheel bike and helmet from G& G. All I could think was, "Where am I going to put all this stuff?" Thankfully, packaging accounted for half the pile. She likes everything she was given and now bounces from gift to gift, not sure what to play with. Little Boy got a present from G & G - glad they thought of it, because I didn't. I usually try to do that as well. They are too little to understand why they aren't getting a gift. I don't remember what Baby got at his party, though. I'll have to look at the pics.

We had baked chicken, parmesan pasta, salad, green beans, and cantaloupe. Baby did pretty well in the midst of all the chaos. We had cake and it was the quietest it had been all morning! LOL. Remember, I had very few hours of sleep and I was biting my tongue and keeping check on my temper. There were a few times when I had to leave the room just to be nice.

So she finished her cake and we took her out to sit on her bike. She can reach the pedals, but she has no clue how to pedal. So she sits with her feet on the pedals, and expects someone to push her around. She has fun, but my back is about to fall off.


Happy Birthday, Chickie Boo!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Pictures! We need pictures! :) It sounds like it was a nice party, and Happy Birthday to Baby!

Anna said...

Ooh, you listened to me! :) LOL! Beautiful cake, and she looks like a true little princess.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets