Freezing rain started here about 4 am and it rained well into the afternoon. DH got up at 5 and spread salt on the driveway. He said he could tell the tires were slipping, but he made it up the driveway fine. And he felt the anti-lock brakes kick in at the stops. It took him 9 minutes to get from the driveway to Main Street (usually about a 3 minute drive). Later this afternoon it finally started snowing. By the time DH came home, the road was somewhat clear.
Today the kids were pretty good. Baby slept late. Of course, it was probably b/c at 2 am when she woke up coughing and crying I got up and gave her medicine. This morning when I got up, I realized I had used the wrong syringe and actually gave her a double dose. I'll be sure that doesn't happen again!
It's supposed to be warmer tomorrow which means we'll be dealing with lots of slush. Yea.
1 comment:
The slush is better than the ice, though, right? We've had a lot of ice, too. It's yucky. :( And yes, that's the technical meteorological term for it. Ha!
Post a Comment