Friday, February 29, 2008

PMS and Mediocrity

I woke up this morning from a bad dream and was sad. So that started the day on a gloomy foot. I know I'm PMSing a bit, and we got home late so I was late taking my meds.

I've been browsing the sewing guild site and getting a little more and more down. All these women sew like pros. I've always thought I sew nicely, but I just feel so mediocre. I was telling my friend that I feel like I'm good at many things, but not "great" at anything. Probably some more PMSing, but it's something that I struggle with. I hate not being accomplished. I just always thought as a kid that I would be really good at something. I really think my therapist is right that I have slight ADD, and I feel that this really has a lot to do with not being able to "land" on something that I can work on long enough to hone my skills.

It seems that the only time I can really consentrate long enough is when I am up against a deadline. That's why I've been really pushing to get my VBS stuff done a bit early. I just hate to be stressed by last minute stuff.

Anyway. Now that I've vented and rambled, I did get *something* done today. Actually, 2 somethings. 1 - I cleaned out the fridge. Something stinks in there, and I was searching. 2 - I downloaded 3 months of pictures from the digital camera. Now to get back on the desktop and work on getting them sized and cropped so that I can use them here. There are some really cute pics.

Hope I didn't bum anyone out too much. And I don't want everyone to say, "AWWWW!" I just wanted to put how I am feeling into words.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I just want you to know that the obnoxious 10-year-old child in me wants to write "AWWW!" :)

Instead, I'll just say that I can't believe you crop pics before you post them. I don't even know how to do that!

Angela Rae Barribeau said...

I want to say, that I must be a little ADD then too... I LOVE starting projects and just can't ever seem to come up with the UMPH to finish them (ahem... someone's wedding quilt sitting here... )

I've tried to figure out what my problem is... is it that I lose interest, run out of steam or is it that I don't want to finish it because of the finality of it... I think there's something to my last thought... what about you?

I will call soon.
Love, Angela

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets