Monday, November 12, 2007

Let the craziness begin!

Last night I was talking to DH about the next 2 months and started feeling panicky. I have really bitten off a huge bite this time.

I have offered to hostess the ladies' fellowship Christmas party again this year. I definitely won't be going as all-out as I did last year. I am finding easy make-ahead recipes for 3 appetizers and I'm making my easy cranberry cookies.

Super Simple Cranberry Sugar Cookies

1 15.6-oz. package Pillsbury Cranberry Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
3/4 C. butter, softened
3 T. sugar

Heat oven to 350° F.
In large bowl, combine quick bread mix and butter; mix well. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten balls to 1/8-inch thickness with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.

Bake at 350° F. for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies

(I found a bowl with a patterned bottom to flatten the cookies.)

The biggest project is directing the Christmas program/play/concert December 8 & 9. I wanted to schedule it this date for 2 reasons. First, let's get the thing over as soon as possible so I can enjoy ? Christmas. Second, one of the altos won't be in town the following weekend. Her husband also runs the sound, but DH informed me last night that the sound guy will be working last shift that week and won't even be able to be there. GRRR. Oh well. My first reason stands.

I talked to DH about the playhouse for the kids. We looked at the plastic houses that Little Tykes and Step 2 sells. For about the same price, we think we can build one that the kids will be able to use for many years. So, we need to go price the lumber, etc. I found a kitchen set and a workbench for the kids that are about $50 each. I think they will fit nicely into the playhouse eventually. Also, found play microphones on stands - one for each. And then Little Boy asked for a fire truck. So, I guess we'll need to find one since it's the first thing he's really ever asked for. I want to spend about $100 on each kid, but I can see that budget is already gone. Regardless, this year we are spending less on them each. I have no idea what to get IL's. They've told us to give them a list already. We want to ask them to help us buy a new fridge/freezer for the basement.

I have a couple ideas for the kids, but nothing as exciting as the playhouse. Here's a picture of the house we want to price out:

Well, I need to get sleepy Baby out of bed. DH is working a swing shift this week and is on 2nd today. Means we can have an easy dinner. :-)

Hope you're all well. Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Cute playhouse! I'm sure they'll have a lot of fun with it.

I know just what you mean about Christmas ... every year I think I'll get things done early so I can just enjoy December, but it never seems to work out that way!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets