Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Uneventful is good, right?

Sigh. This morning Little Boy woke up before 6 with a congested head. DH gave him medicine, blew his nose and sent him back to bed. He slept until 9:30 am. Wow. I woke up at 7:15 to the sounds of "Twinkle, twinkle" in the baby monitor. So Baby and Mommy got to spend some quiet time together this morning.

I spent a couple minutes downloading pictures from the cameras to the desktop. When I came out of the den, the big black furball escaped. Baby is having so much fun chasing him around, I've left him out for now. She thinks she needs to entertain him, and keeps asking him questions and offering him toys. I wonder how long until he runs back out to the safety of the den.

Last night was interesting. DH and I went to my counseling appt. and of course, the first topic and almost only topic was the whole Thanksgiving fiasco. Poor DH. He left MY counselor with homework. When we got home, G&G had brought Little Boy and Baby next door to their house. DH called MIL back to the computer room and talked to her about Thanksgiving. He never did get her to understand his point - that C shouldn't be allowed to make decisions that affect the whole family. In particular, he thinks it's wrong to take G&G away from our kids. She just made excuses for C. Said C would have prefered to have the dinner at the lake house, but her husband said no. DH told her about my idea to have a family dinner Saturday with everyone invited. No plans were finalized. I imagine she wants to talk to FIL. She did say they were not planning to go to C's - FIL refuses. I find this a bit humorous, in an evil way, b/c C's motives often seem to revolve around wanting to please FIL. As the world turns. . .

DH and I went to DQ afterwards. It was nice to sit and enjoy eating together in quiet. And we splurged - we both got Pumpkin Pie Blizzards. If you haven't tried them, you need to. They are soooo good. There is broken up pie crust and if you ask, they sprinkle nutmeg on top. It's all topped off with whipped topping. And there are no calories OR fat grams. Ha ha.

On our way home we saw snow in the air. Only tiny flurries, but snow. Little Boy was so thrilled when he heard the weatherman say we were supposed to get snow. I'm not ready for snow. I'll be thrilled if snow holds off until the middle of December. Fat chance.

I'm posting some recent (and not so recent) pictures at the bottom. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Angela Rae Barribeau said...

Glad to hear Mike took the initiative to talk to his mom about this. I hope you ALL get to spend Thanksgiving together. Maybe Cathy should've checked into how her new husband wanted to handle holidays before marriage???

Yeah, I am opinionated and not afraid to open my mouth! GRIN

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets