Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Cleaning out closets

What is it about a closet that attracts disorder? I'm trying to get things on track for the Christmas program, and I needed to find the costumes the church had stored in a closet. Well, I met the pastor's wife at the church. Before she got there, I started looking through the "dressing rooms". Well, every single one has become a storage closet. And then there are the actual storage closets. Every single closet is a mess.

When the pastor's wife came, she said the costumes were supposed to be in a closet in the teen classroom. When we opened the door, I wanted to run. I wanted to forget the box of costumes and sew all new ones so that I wouldn't have to dig through the stuff. Well, we started moving stuff out and threw out a bunch of JUNK, and we did locate the boxes of costumes. OK. I'm glad we kept looking - the costumes are all in ziplock bags and labeled nicely. We decided January would be a good month for a closet cleaning "party".

I made a couple calls today for the program, and asked Little Boy if he would like to be in the program as Tiny Tim. He wouldn't have any lines and would have Mrs. Cratchit to lead him along. This is a dangerous idea, as he could very well have a meltdown and refuse for a multitude of reasons.

I check about 5 newspapers every day to try to keep up with news (and obits) from some of the places I've lived. I had to laugh at an article in the Rhinelander Daily News in regards to a bow hunting season within the city limits. I wish we had a season like that. I'd sit on my front porch and take out the rotten deer that eat my flower garden during the summer.

DH is off work tomorrow and Thursday. He'll probably be relieved to go back Friday night. Tomorrow morning I go to the dentist to get a cavity filled. Yea. Thursday I think we're going to Sam's Club in Hagerstown. G&G are going to babysit. Should be interesting.

We haven't heard any updates on Thanksgiving plans. Maybe DH will ask again Thursday. We've earned a "free" turkey at the grocery store. I asked DH if I should buy a small one or a huge one. He asked if there was anything in between. Is there?

Last night after I put the kids to bed I started getting a tickle in my throat. By the time DH got home, I had no voice. Today it's wobbly sounding and my throat feels parched. I slept on the couch to make sure DH was able to sleep. When he got up this morning, I went back to bed and slept a little more. I can't believe I'm sick - again. Blah.

At the left, I've added a list of blogs I've been visiting. When I get to a blog, I check out the list of blogs they visit, and then the list of blogs the next blogger visits. It's an endless rabbit trail. Maybe the tunnel leads to the church's storage closet. I'm sure there is junk in there that would be useful for some of the altered art bloggers. Enjoy.

No comments:

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets