Friday, November 9, 2007

It's Friday!

First, let me say "Happy Birthday" to my old, I mean older, sister. I love you and hope you have a great day.

Second, I was thinking about the 6th which was my brother's birthday, and unfortunately the day Grandpa died. Thought I'd remember them both.



Now. Yea! A stay-home day! Yesterday, I took the kiddies to get food for the kitty. It's a 45 min. drive up the mountain to the vet to get the food. We stopped to see C - her workplace is two driveways from the vet. We were there for about 20 minutes and then I took the kids to Denny's for lunch. We took our time and when we finished, Little Boy needed to use the bathroom. However, Denny's just opened Monday following some renovations and the new auto-flush toilets are not functioning. How horrible is that?

I hurried and paid, got the kids in the car and rushed to the nearby Burger King. We ran in, used the bathroom and left. When I turned the car onto Main St. here in town, the kids' rocket cups tipped over on the floor and I had to find a place to stop and set them up. Cherry cherry limeade spilled on the floor. Grr.

We got home and Granddad was here. The men were working on the driveway next door. So, I took the kids down to see the progress. Baby didn't want me to hold her; she wanted Granddad. We got to the house and started getting ready for naps and Daddy got home. It was nice to have help, but wow - we were so behind schedule.

Little Boy woke up badly. He was crying unconsolably and only wanted Mommy - but I was in the middle of the project of the day - week? month? I cleaned/straightened the freezer. Yea! For the time being, I know what is in there and where it is. He only wanted Mommy to blow his nose. I feel so special.

I had to wake Baby. She's such a sleeper. When she woke up, she said she wanted out. I changed her diaper and asked her if she wanted me to hold her. She told me, "Granddad". She wanted him to hold her, and wanted to call him on the phone. If they only understood.

On the way up the mountain Little Boy and I saw a hawk land on the ground next to the road. It was a beautiful bird. I hope you all enjoy the pictures at the bottom of the page of all the wildlife/wild children who live on our hill.

I was thinking yesterday about how funny Dad was. I was thinking about the New Year's Eve party at Maranatha when Dad told his 500 lb. canary joke and Jill K.'s high chair flipped and she and another baby were crying. I have to laugh mostly because of the looks on the adults' faces. They were shocked that Dad - such a laid-back guy, yelled so loudly. He sure loved a good joke!



4 comments:

Anna said...

Look at those glasses on Luke! He's still a cutie, anyway. :) And your pictures at the bottom of the page are adorable. I can't believe how big your two little ones are getting!

Tammy said...

Yeah, poor Luke. He inherited my old frames.

Angela Rae Barribeau said...

Anna's obviously never seen my discount glasses from Jr. High?!

Tammy said...

Yours were prettier than mine!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets