My husband didn't have to work a double last night. That was good. I woke up with the kids and let him sleep. I was glad he was able to sleep a couple more hours.
It was a nice day out, so as soon as the kids finished breakfast I took them outside. There was a baby deer in the neighbor's yard (Grandma & Granddad's). I told the kids they could play on the driveway, but not to go into the grass on that side of the house so the baby would not get scared.
I went into the house, walked into Baby's room, opened the shade, and saw Baby walk off the driveway into the grass. It took that long? I had to deal with her, and sent her back out.
Daddy woke up and went outside. Pretty soon, he called me. "Come look at your daughter." Great.
She was running up the driveway in just her little stripey undies. Wet undies.
So she came in, I put a plastic grocery bag on her (cut little slits for her legs), and she had to sit on a towel on the couch. I kept asking her if it felt nice or yucky. When we got her cleaned up and dry undies on, she had to stay in the house until she peed again.
We had a nice lunch - steak, grilled potatoes, green beans, ice cream. The kids were still up when Daddy left for work. I did some things on my computer until my head started bobbing.
I was lying on the couch, sleeping, and I kept thinking I could hear music. I half wondered if Little Boy was playing with the Nintendo game. He got up, came out, and - no music. A little while later, Baby got up, came out, and - sure enough. Music. Sometime while she was sleeping, Baby Pooh bear started playing music and never stopped. I guess the batteries were dying. At least I wasn't hearing music that wasn't there.
The kids went out to play, and soon they came back in. Little Boy thought he saw a bear crossing our road. I think he was looking for an excuse to come in that would make Baby come in, too. Eventually they went back out until supper.
We had a decent supper, Little Boy and I picked up toys, I cringed at the messy back garage, and we came in. Now we're just hanging out until bedtime. Not having schoolwork to do really makes a big change.
1 comment:
That does sound nice. I've thought the same thing about not having school - it doesn't take all that long, but it sure makes a difference in the day!
Post a Comment