And be sure it will be Mommy who finds you!
So today I went out to get the mail; Baby was riding her bike. She had stopped at the bottom of our driveway and put her head on her hands on the middle of the handlebars. It was sweet, and a bit sad. I was wondering why. I asked her what she was doing, and she hopped off the bike and came up the driveway to "help" me get the mail. She was a little discouraged that she couldn't ride her bike up the driveway. I told her it was ok, b/c if she made it up the driveway, she would most definitely wipe out on the way down. She asked, "Would I cry?" "Yep."
Then I decided I should check on Little Boy. I walked around the back of the garage; he was sweeping dirt off the driveway. Ok. But he looked at me with a scared look. I asked him if he was in trouble. He said he was. I asked why he was in trouble. He pointed to the puddle on the driveway. Oh great; he pee'd on the driveway. I asked him what he did. He pointed to the old rickety buckets full of dried up tar that have been sitting in our driveway since I moved here in 2000. The lids are broken, and they fill up with water, which gets nasty from the icky tar. He wanted to see the tar, so he dumped out the water. UGGGHHH. I keep telling him to stay away from them.
I came back in the house to finish cleaning out the "linen" closet. It's a catch-all with very little room for linens. Soon it was time for a snack. I decided to take them out some freezer pops. As I rounded the corner, Little Boy was digging next to the playhouse porch with a shovel.
Ok. We have a rule here. NO TOOLS. I am seriously afraid one of these days someone is going to come running in with a huge gash from some tool.
I asked what he was doing. "Baby pooped and I'm covering it up!"
AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!
"Both kids --- in the house ---- right now!"
He got in trouble for not telling us, covering her mess (sin), using a tool, and, OH YEAH, peeing in a bucket yesterday.
She got in trouble for her part in the episode.
Can we have a day without wet undies or poop in the yard?
Good grief.
2 comments:
ROFLOL! Okay, I thinking that all the barking and pretending to be a puppy has somehow made her think she really is a dog! I'm sorry for your sake, but it still tickles my funny bone. :)
Thanks for the chuckle! You probably didn't find anything funny about what happened but, it gave me a good laugh.
Post a Comment