One day we heard my dad laughing, and of course, we all wanted to know what he was laughing about. When we found him, he was laughing so hard he couldn't talk. When he finally was able to tell us, he showed us a Peanuts cartoon book. Charlie Brown was fishing, or attempting to fish, and cast his line. The next frame showed a huge wad of fishing line at the end of his rod, which he described as a snarl.
I guess it just hit Dad funny - maybe he was thinking of all the times he had to fix our line when he took us kids fishing. Maybe he just needed a good laugh.

I miss hearing him laugh.
2 comments:
I love that picture of your dad. I wish I had known him.
Yeah. I miss his laugh, his jokes, his singing, playing guitar, asking if his clothes look "okay", his Old Spice smell, along with his tobacco pipe smell... etc,... Amanda is so lucky... and Dad is just as lucky. I'm sure glad they have each other.
Post a Comment