My son has a pair of shoes that we bought for him a long time ago. They are expensive shoes - StrideRite in XW. He wore them for church and going places. Later, we bought him another pair, same style, and the old ones became play shoes. At this point, his play shoes are very worn, but I'm sure they are comfy - broken in. I saw some shoes at WalMart that I think are made wide enough for his XW feet. I brought them home, had him try them on, and they are wide enough. He thinks they look cool.
I explained they are his new play shoes and he started crying. I asked what was wrong.
"I don't want you to take my shoes away. They remind me of things from when I was a 4 year old."
So I think I've passed on my emotional connection to things. Poor kid. And his poor wife some day.
I assured him he needed 2 pair of play shoes; a pair to wear when his shoes are wet. From playing in the drainage hole. We have the prettiest drainage hole on the hill.
1 comment:
I don't guess you've ruined him. And I can see why they play in the water there - I think I'd like to play there too! :)
Post a Comment