Wednesday, June 24, 2009

6 years ago

I was HUGE - I was counting the minutes until Little Boy was delivered. I had a planned C-section. The OB/GYN said there was no way the baby would fit through my pelvic opening.

We didn't find out girl/boy beforehand by choice. I had an ultrasound a couple days before the delivery and the tech offered to tell me, but I said no.

I was sure we were having a girl; DH wanted a boy and I didn't think there was any chance that I wouldn't disappoint him. (Like it was my "fault" or something.)

One of my good friends from Schaumburg had a horrible catastrophe - in the time from her appointment one day to the time she went in for delivery the next day - her baby died. I had that stress on my mind. I felt like I couldn't breathe until I delivered.

I was sleeping in the recliner - had been for months. Pelvic separation was so painful. I couldn't wait to sleep in my own bed.

Mostly, I kept talking to our baby - "Who are you?" "What do you look like?" "Please be cooperative." I was anticipating seeing that little baby face.

And was a cutie! I look at his pictures and he was so beautiful.

1 comment:

Anna said...

They grow up so fast, don't they? And they change your life so much!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets