Last night DH handed me a receipt from something online. I was hesitant to look at what new gadget we now own. It took me a minute, but finally the words on the page made sense. It was a receipt for a sewing machine. DH knew that the sale was ending Friday and that there were chances we weren't going to get there in time to save $20. I am excited; now beautiful clothes will just flow from the machine. Yeah. I know. The operator has a lot to do with it, unfortunately.
Today is the election for the Union at DHs work. He's running for 2nd Vice President. I think it's exciting. DH says he isn't so sure he wants it, but I think he really does. No one really cares for the guy who is currently in that position, and everyone keeps stopping DH to tell him that they are voting for DH. A guy from our former church is running against a "lady" (DH says that word is a huge stretch), and it's pretty certain he will win, too.
The biggest IF is the president's spot. A guy who works in DHs department is running against this guy who's been in there for a long time, hasn't done much, and is planning to retire next year. He's running on the campaign line that since there's a union contract negotiation this year people should keep him in. Well, DH, of course, says that is baloney. First off, the national reps do the negotiating. The local people are just there basically for show and reference. Secondly, when the new members are voted into the union, they are sent off for training. The negotiations are going to be held in Las Vegas this year. I told DH that I would go with him for a couple days, but I don't think that will pan out. He said that since the guy from our former church will be there and the two of them could hang out. I'm ok with that.
Tonight I get to play teacher, again. The ladies in our ladies' fellowship want to learn to crochet. I'm not an expert, by any stretch of the imagination, but I think I can share some basics.
Little Boy just walked in with a pen. He wanted permission to write his name on something. I laughed and told him to put the pen on the table and to leave it there. Oh boy.
2 comments:
Yay for the sewing machine! And at least your graffiti phantom asked this time! :)
Yeah. I wish it had ended up being a yea. Sears called. It's not in stock even though the computer said it was. It will get her the 11th.
Post a Comment