Friday, April 4, 2008

Tag-team

Little Boy and Baby have decided to tag team me this week. Each morning, they have woken up wet. Jammies, sheets, blankets. Sigh. And this morning they were both up -wet- at 8:15 am. Double Sigh. I am going to have to restrict their water intake at night. I guess it would help to serve dinner earlier than 7:30. And it is even worse when they wake up from their naps wet, too. Sigh, sigh, sigh.

I've resorted to TV sitting today. I keep changing from the regularly programed shows to find something they don't usually watch to keep their attention. How sad. But it's that or scream myself out of a voice. I do not understand why Little Boy cannot just leave her alone. Ever. He just constantly pesters her and she hates it and I end up yelling. I'm so glad it's Friday. That means tomorrow morning, I get to sleep in.

So, I think I've done more laundry this week than I have in a long time. I am going to buy a 3rd set of sheets and matress covers this week for each of them. I need to have a back up so I'm not so stressed.

Last night was the ladies' fellowship meeting at church. It really irks me that our meetings take at least 3 hours. These ladies act like they don't have anything better to do than sit around and yack for a half hour, meander through prayer requests and devotions, blather on about things coming up, etc. My stomach was rolling through the whole thing. By the time I left early, they were just sitting down to eat and had not begun to crochet. I left my papers there and rushed home to use my own bathroom. I was really afraid I wasn't going to make it. But before I left, I asked the pastor's wife - again - if she could locate the VBS information from last summer. I need to get some idea of how many kids to plan for for crafts. I've asked for the cards since the last day of VBS last summer. She keeps saying she'll look for them. I pressed for them last night and she reluctantly looked for them and found them. I entered the information into a spread sheet this morning in about an hour.

I need to fix lunch for the little monsters. They are driving me this.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I'm sorry your sweeties are waking up wet ... although I have to say that waking up wet has to be better than waking up wet at 3:30 in the morning. Then again, it's a once-in-a-great-while occurrence here, which makes it much easier to handle.

And good for you for persisting about the VBS cards!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets