That is what my Baby told me while I was changing her diaper. It was accompanied by waving arms and an imaginary wand, I think. I was thinking, "Please!!!!"
My disaster in the kitchen has moved to the hallway. I am about 90-95% done with sorting clothes. I will be so happy to get it done and moved downstairs. Somewhere.
I need to work on VBS stuff so this will be short; I didn't want to forget Baby's words.
The other day Little Boy started talking about birthdays. He said that G & G don't have very many birthdays left, that Daddy and Mommy don't have as many birthdays left and that he and Baby have lots of birthdays left. He got very quiet and I looked at his little face and he was so sad. I asked what was wrong; he wanted to know what would happen to him and Baby if Mommy and Daddy die. OH MY WORD. Where on earth did that come from?
I held him and told him that I couldn't promise that Mommy and Daddy wouldn't die, because Jesus decides when we go to heaven. I told him that Jesus loves him, G&G love him, his aunts and uncles love him, Grandma Judy & Grandpa Lowell love him, etc. That there would always be someone to take care of him. He said, "I guess we'll have to live with G&G." (He did say it sadly; that was a small consolation.) I told him that if something happens to Mommy and Daddy, he was going to live with Uncle Luke and Aunt Anna and Ethan and Alex, and they would take good care of him and Baby. He started getting upset. I thought he was going to say how much he would miss G&G. His concern was, "How are we going to get there?" I tried to comfort him that these were all things he didn't really need to worry about; that the big people would help make everything happen and that Mommy and Daddy were going to be here as long as he needs us.
So deep. Daddy was upset that he was even thinking about it and wondered where he got it. I have a pretty good idea. The whole "not many birthdays left" thing sounds like G & G.
Ah, the joys of living next door.
1 comment:
Oh, poor little guy. He shouldn't even be thinking of those things.
And hey, if you ever find that magic wand, pick me up one, too, would ya?
Post a Comment