My son is running around the living room sing-songing, "Sticky, pokey butterflies" in a high-pitched screechy voice. I feel like my brain has melted and is about to run out my ear. How can I possibly think with that kind of nonsensical noise filling the room? I finally told him he HAD to stop. He just looked at me with that innocent "WHY?" look. It could be a long day.
I am currently feeling like my nephew who wanted to try to juggle hop balls. How on earth am I going to pull off everything I have in the air? And I keep adding to the list. Yesterday I bought yarn to crochet a hat that I won't need for many months, but I just have to make. And I bought fabric to make Baby some clothes and more fabric and trims to make a bag. I found some cute fabric at Wal-Mart that was inexpensive and am looking forward to trying to sew something that is not clothing and not as huge a project as a quilt. Maybe I can bring myself to actually finish it.
So for quite awhile now, our dryer has been not working that great. I've been telling DH that we really need to replace it; that I do NOT trust it. I've pulled clothes out that were too hot to touch, so we hang all the kids clothes that are cotton to keep them from becoming doll clothes. And then it started screeching. Loudly. It was this loud, rhythmic, intermittent screech. I had quit letting it run if I was leaving the house and I wasn't letting it run if I was going to bed. I think he thought I was being a bit paranoid.
Well, Saturday, he finally decided to pull the top of the dryer and take a quick look. He found lots of lint inside. That didn't surprise me. He found metal shavings around the main axle that the drum turns on - thus the screeching. He also found, oh, about 4 burned wires! 2 or 3 of the wires were burned where they plugged into the board and the board was scorched and a bit melted. Hmmm. OH MY WORD. I never said, "I told you so," but he KNEW I was thinking it.
So now what do we do? We were going to dinner at Baby's SS teacher's house at 5. He was not happy we were going in the first place, and was being a bit passive agressive. I told him to call his mom and see if she'd watch the kids that night, and we could run to Sears after we got home from dinner. He said we wouldn't have enough time. I had to look up the store hours and show it to him - they were open until 9:30. It would NOT take us that long to find a dryer and come home. I really think he was hoping I'd call and say we couldn't come. Like I would do that to another woman. He just has no idea what we women put ourselves through for company. So we gave the kids their baths before their naps so we wouldn't have to worry about it when we got home.
Well, we ate dinner, visited, and the kids tormented their poor kitty. Baby got nipped at least twice. We left a bit after 7 and dropped the kids and got FIL's truck. We were home at 9:05, and we quickly got the kids home and in bed. It was later than usual, but they did ok.
So, now we have a new dryer. I guess that means I need to wash the pile of Little Boy's undies in the hall. I have GOT to clean his room. Maybe when I finish my hat. Ha.
1 comment:
I *love* the bag! Are you going to do a larger one for yourself and the smallest one for your daughter? I bet she'd love one that matched yours! The hat is really cute, too. Makes me want to get my yarn and hooks out.
Oh, and I'm so glad your dryer didn't do something like burn your house down.
Post a Comment