Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I just don't know when to give up

Tonight I decided to start working on the bag from the pattern I ordered. It is the strangest pattern I have ever used. It's a booklet with hand-drawn illustrations. And it lists the measurements for 3 sizes. I was going to find a highlighter to mark the measurements I needed, but then decided I didn't need to. So I got the main pieces cut and then cut the smaller pieces. I used the wrong measurements for the smaller pieces. I have attempted to piece some things together and it should work. So I started cutting the interfacing. With my rotary cutter. I made a cut, bottom to top to be safe. When I brought the cutter back to the bottom for the next cut, I knicked my left hand. Thankfully, it's not deep, and I missed that little greenish blue line just under it. So. I'm done for tonight. I need all my fingers.

Of course, if I were hurt more seriously, I could call and reschedule or cancel my dentist's appt. for tomorrow! hmmm. I don't think my injury is that serious. :0P

1 comment:

Anna said...

Don't you hate it when a project starts out that way? I hope it gets better for you ... and that your dentist appointment isn't too stressful!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets