So I've started. Again. And I'm sure it won't be the last time. But I've started my diet.
I know that healthy eating and regular exercise are the best way to lose weight. I know that I need to reduce my caloric intake. I probably know as much about losing weight as any nutritionist. But I know myself. I know that when I fix lunch for the kids, I need something quick and easy to fix for myself. I know that late afternoon and evening are my snacky times.
I also know that I need to lose about 100 lbs. to be happy with my weight. So while replacing two meals a day might be extreme for someone wanting to drop 20 or 30 lbs., I don't think it's an extreme place to start.
So. Here's my "plan". At least for now. An Atkins "shake" for breakfast and lunch. 1/2 a grapefruit halfway through the morning and afternoon. An attempt at a normal supper. And popcorn for a nighttime snack.
So I'm halfway through Day 1. I had a Cafe Caramel Latte Shake for breakfast. It is made with real coffee, which will help with my weaning off Diet Coke. About 3 hours later, even though I wasn't hungry yet, I could feel my blood sugar dropping. So I ate half a white grapefruit. For lunch I had a Milk Chocolate Delight Shake. I have to say, I really liked the Caramel Latte shake. The Milk Chocolate shake left me with that diet chocolate shake aftertaste. So, I know which one I won't be getting next time.
I haven't weighed myself. For one, we don't own a scale. For two, I'd prefer to measure by how my clothes fit or don't fit. My "fat" jeans are tight on me, and when they are too big on me I'll consider that my first met-goal.
A Baby funny: I opened her applesauce for her today. It's the little squeeze pouch kind. She took the cap off and asked, "Do I suck?" It just struck me funny. ;-)
2 comments:
Your diet plan sounds good - hope you do well with it! I have been trying to exercise four times a week and have really been struggling to find a good time of day to do it consistently. Maybe I should think about something like the Atkins shakes to give me some impetus ...
They are priced reasonably at Walmart, and I plan to find some coupons online. :) I've stuck to it for almost one whole day now. LOL
Post a Comment