Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I was wrong

The homework folders worked great again. I think I need to cut down on the handwriting pages for Baby. That seems to be the thing she balks at the most. She definitely needs to practice, but maybe I can take out one page.

Little Boy and I were reading Calvin and Hobbes together, and he started to really struggle. When he starts to struggle with simple words, he goes downhill very quickly. So I read the rest of the strip, and he only laughed a little. I made him go check his blood sugar. 58. Reading done for the day. :( I got his sugar back up, and fixed lunch.

It's such a beautiful day here. 48, sunny, breezy. I made him go outside. We're just going to let it go until tomorrow.

While I was fixing the kids folders this morning, I let them decorate for Valentine's Day. It's probably the first time in a couple years that I've even made the effort. They keep saying how nice it looks, but Baby especially can't understand that the holiday isn't tomorrow.

My diet continues to be do-able. I have a terrible habit of snacking while I fix the kids' plates. I'll put a serving of chips on one plate, eat some, put the other serving on the plate, and eat some more before closing up the bag. I do it without even knowing it. I'm trying to be way more conscious of that. Today I ate two tiny corn chips and closed the bag. I can't even tell you how great I feel that I didn't eat two handfuls. :)

I feel like I'm losing, but I didn't measure at the start so I'm not certain. Maybe I'll try my jeans on at the end of the week and see.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Sometimes it's great to be wrong! :) It's so exciting when you find something that works to make your day more smooth.

Your diet updates are really encouraging to me, too.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets