Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saturday

We woke up in a typical fashion lately. Daddy and Mommy semi-comatose, Baby up first and wandering around, Little Boy still sleeping until Baby opens his door and then the laughing, fighting and banging around starts. And I get up and stumble to his room and tell them to be quiet, and make it back to bed for a couple more minutes.

Baby and I had to leave the house by 9:30 to go get her pictures taken for ballet. Daddy fixed breakfast for the kids; I grabbed a breakfast bar. Last minute I started looking for hair clips. Why do I do that to myself? But it's a good thing I did; we ended up using them.

We got to the studio to find all-out pandemonium. Little girls (and big girls) running around in costumes, moms, grandmas and even babies. We figured out Baby's first costume and got her ready. And then I had to try to figure out their crazy picture packages. We left there about an hour and a half later.

We came home and I fixed lunch for the kids. I had a Reliv shake, and decided to take a nap. I guess Daddy got the kids down for their nap. I took a long nap, only interrupted a couple times by Baby before she went down.

I woke up dreaming about oven-roasted potatoes. So I got up and got them started. I fixed pork chops with rib rub, a green salad, and left over dinner rolls. We had corn, cottage cheese and green olives, too. Everything was very yummy!

I logged onto our local news site. The headlines were that a local businessman killed his wife and then killed himself. I started reading the article - it was someone I knew. My SIL worked for them for several years. I had interviewed for a job there, too, and turned down the job they offered me. DH and I had been in their home to hook up a computer. My SIL told me tonight that they had lost just about everything they owned, his car dealership was being shut down by GMAC and he had started using drugs again. The worst thing was that their 11 year old son was probably home at the time. I haven't heard, but it's possible their younger daughter was home, too. I don't understand people like that.

SIL asked if we were going to need cat food anytime soon. She works next door to the vet hospital I go to. I told her I was up there Friday. Jack got a steroid shot for irritable bowel, and I got the food then.

G & G moved to the lake house yesterday. Baby was telling them good-bye. Grandma told her she was going to miss her so much. "I'll send you a postcard every day, Grandma." So sweet - a little melodramatic - and without telling Mommy, quite impossible. :0)

Kids are getting ready for bed, I'm watching the NASCAR All-Star race, and DH is somewhere. In the den, I think. I need to look over my Sunday school lesson and figure out what to sing tomorrow for special music.

I feel better right now physically than I have in a while. It's amazing what a good nap can do for you!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Busy day! Cute picture - can't wait to see the others that were taken.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets