Saturday, May 1, 2010

Ladies' Banquet - Lemons to Lemonade



Lemonade. Yumm. I love it. Without the tartness of the lemons or without the sugar it wouldn't be the same.

It's the same for our troubles and trials. Without the trials, we wouldn't have to rely on God; without God's grace, care and love, we couldn't bear the trials.

I shared a bit of my testimony regarding Little Boy's diagnosis, and what we've dealt with since. I have learned two things: 1) Every day I have to depend on God's strength to get through the day. 2) I can empathize with other parents of children with health issues.

I sang the song Press On by Selah. It's a beautiful song, and I did ok.

I'm just glad I sang before I had to talk. It's hard to sing with a lump in your throat.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Good word picture. I'm sure you sounded great!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets