Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Vocabulary

Lately, I've noticed more and more that my children have an advanced vocabulary.

Yesterday, Baby had an eye appointment with the specialist for her lazy eye. They have stuffed animals at the far end of the room that move and make noise. There is a foot switch under the front of the exam chair. When the assistant turned off the wiggling, grunting piggy, Baby wanted to know how the piggy stopped automatically.

The assistant turned and looked at me. "Automatically? That's a big word for a four year old." I laughed. "She and her brother both have advanced verbal skills."

When we were shopping, we were walking through a section that had toys intermingled with the clothes. (How's that for sneaky?) Baby looked around and said, "This store is toy-riffic!" I had her repeat what she said, and asked her if she heard that somewhere or if she made it up. She said she made it up. Pretty smart!

Later I was thinking of the night before. Little Boy was not being gentle with Baby; she turned and said, "Brother, you are such a MANIAC!"

LOL

No comments:

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets