Day 7 in Diabetes Blog Week hosted by Bitter Sweet.
I mentioned in an earlier post that when a cure is found, I will fall on my face in complete gratitude to God. And then I'll dance a happy dance! And of course, there will be tears because I'm such a crybaby.
I can only imagine the look of utter amazement on my son's face. And disbelief. And amazement.
I'd be calling everyone I know to share the great news.
We'd have a celebration - a huge party, and he could eat as much as he wanted of whatever he wanted.
His little fingers would heal.
We wouldn't have any fussing before meals when it was time to check his bg.
I wouldn't have anxiety attacks in the grocery store.
My fears for his health would gradually subside.
No more 2 am checks.
No more middle of the night shots for highs or carbs for lows.
We would go back to how we were before his diagnosis, but we would be so aware of the blessings of "normality". And we would look back on the time of insulin shots, highs and lows, and counting carbs as a sad, scary memory. But I would hope I would feel gratitude for the treatment that bridged the gap.
1 comment:
I'm gradually trying to make my way through all of today's posts.
This week has been quite an experience...one that I will not forget. But TODAY.
TODAY has been amazing.
Great post.
Post a Comment