Thursday, May 20, 2010

My New Best Friend

I am looking forward to waking up one of these mornings without a pounding headache. Hopefully soon.

Last night I fixed spaghetti. Well, first I fixed the sauce. Little Boy came into the kitchen asking what the horrible smell was. I guess he's never been in the kitchen when I saute the onion and garlic. I had frozen sauce that I thawed and added some more tomato sauce and paste. We were browning the garlic bread; DH hit the simmer button on the stove and something POPPED quite loudly. And the stove turned off. He turned the knobs off and went downstairs. He flipped the breaker. We won't be using the simmer button anymore.

I fixed salads - I must say, I like my salads. :0) I was almost done with everything when I realized I hadn't fixed any pasta. DH said he was wondering when I was going to get it started.

We were done eating, and Little Boy had gone next door to see G & G. Baby needed some help finishing up. When I had washed her face, I asked her if she liked the spaghetti. She said, "Thank you for making that yummy spaghetti, Mommy," and she hugged me.

It's so nice to be thanked. And nothing beats her little hugs!

1 comment:

Anna said...

How funny about the pasta! Hope the medicine helps your headaches.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets