Thursday, April 15, 2010

"I can't wait"

So today we moved the treadmill to the living room from the den. Our living room looks horrible from a design standpoint, but I know myself. I am not going to lose weight without exercising. And I won't exercise if it's not convenient. So for now the monstrosity stays.

My kids came in from playing, and were fascinated. Daddy demonstrated it for them, and they each got a chance to get on it. And then we told them it's not a toy. And I explained it's for me, and I hope to lose some weight.

My son is matter-of-fact and told me, "I can't wait to see you skinny, Mommy."

He innocently asked me if it will take me 3 or 4 days. I laughed. "It could take me months, or years, Little Boy. And what happens if I never get skinny?"

"It's ok, Mommy. We'll still love you, even if you stay fat."


Ouch.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Wouldn't three or four days be nice? If only ...

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets