Saturday, April 3, 2010

Colored eggs

Last night we colored Easter eggs. I set everything up on the kitchen floor. It was easier for the kids to see down into the cups. I was a little less nervous about spills, too.

I didn't get any pictures. I was too busy watching flailing arms and crazy legs to take any pictures. Also, I made my kids strip to their undies to prevent stains. That's probably way overboard, but they run around here in their skivvies anyway.

I'm going to put their eggs in little bowls with green grass so I can get a picture of them with their eggs. I'll let them color on them with crayons or put on little stickers today if they want to.

Is it weird that the part I like the best is seeing the broken colored shells in a bowl? Is there a craft or something I can do with them? I'm going to look online. I just think they are so beautiful.

I'm going to teach the kids with the Resurrection eggs tonight. DH is supposed to have the day off, but he has to go in on 2nd shift today. Pros/cons situation: 17 hours red time this week; kids' shower time by myself.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I've seen several different crafts using the broken eggshells, but I can't think of any at the moment. I'm sure you'll find something beautiful, though!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets