Saturday, April 10, 2010

5 Minutes for Moms Ultimate Blog Party

So, I found this party through a blog I read.

My blog is just about the every-day happenings of a Christian, stay-at-home mom. I'm also a homeschool mommy. I have two kids; my son, Little Boy, is 6 1/2. He was diagnosed last year as a Type 1 Diabetic. For those of you who don't know, his type is not hereditary. It's not the result of being overweight. It could have been brought on by a virus, but it could be something he was born with. There are Type 2 Diabetics in our family, but he is the first Type 1 in several generations.

He's so brave, and is cooperative the majority of the time when it comes to his care. I can only imagine how old it would get to poke my finger at least 5 times a day, and get shots at least 4 times a day. My day revolves around my little guy and his needs. I have to count his carb intake; the number of carbs combined with his blood glucose level are combined to figure out his insulin dosage. I also try to watch his protein and fat intake. As someone who has weight issues, you'd think this would help. Sadly, not so.

My other child, Baby, is 4 1/2 going on 15. She is the sweetest, most beautiful little sassafrass I've ever known. If I could get her sweet side to be more dominant... We'll get there. If you scroll down to previous posts to look at her pictures, poor thing got a black eye just in time for Easter. Brother whacked her in the face with a plastic baseball bat. Purple eye - purple dress. I guess she wanted to complete the ensemble.

I have the best husband in the world. I wish we had more time to spend together. He works a swing shift, so we all work around his schedule. He's also working on a degree online during all his free time. ;-) He has a 4.0 grade average; I love that he's so smart and diligent.

I'd love to have a bunch of new regular readers through this party! Welcome to what I think or say on a regular basis at the end of the day - "What a day!"

My first 3 prize choices:
US20
US28
USC13
My next choices in order:
US4
US112
USC37
USC8
USC10

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure you blogging about your son's Type 1 will help other parents as well.
I'm a severe chronic pain sufferer and have met many other pain sufferer bloggers. It helps to share information and our daily dealings of our condition.
Love your blog and really enjoyed my visit.
I think this is my 3rd year. Not sure but really enjoy meeting new bloggers.
Great prizes this year! I hope you win one..or two.
I was late too but fashionable late for the UBP 2010.

Joni said...

Hi my name is Joni from Six Cherries on Top. Stopping by from the UBP. So nice to meet you. Hope you are having fun! All those prizes are divine. Good luck!

Please come by and enter my giveaway for a headband set from Sugar Owl Design. Ends tonight at mid.

http://sixcherriesontop.com

Barb Webb said...

Stopping by from UPB to say hello- nice to meet you!

StephF said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog. I am enjoying reading yours. :-)

Melissa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I really enjoy reading your blog. I am a chronic pain sufferer as well.

Look forward to reading more!

Melissa @crayons in my dryer

Robyn | Add a Pinch said...

Stopping by from the UBP! I hope you are having a great week.

Pop on over if you get a chance, I'm having a $50 Amazon Gift Card giveaway. It ends April 16th.

http://www.ourhomeschoolhome.com/2010/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets