Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Wind is Blowing!

Wow. 50 mph gusts. And when the wind isn't gusting it's a steady 25 mph. But it isn't super cold so it's kind of refreshing.

My kids.

Some days they drive me absolutely nuts. But then they say or do something that cracks me up, and I think I'll keep 'em a little longer.

Last night when we pulled the pizza cardboard with sauce out of the oven, I put some sugar cookies in. DH took them out, and set them on the porch to cool. Little Boy and Baby got very upset, and DH and I mentioned that we hoped the deer wouldn't smell them. The deer could come up on our porch and gobble them up.

Little Boy started hollering, and Baby started crying. I told them we were joking but she kept it up. "Now our cookies are going to freeze TO DEATH!"

She can be so dramatic.

Like when I tucked her into bed for her nap. She left her large, black horse in the living room. I told her it was Fluffy Ruffy's turn anyway. She started crying. I asked why. "Because it's Fluffy Ruffy's turn, but I LOVE my horsie! I told her she could play with the horse when she woke up. The tears stopped and she snuggled with her doggie.

Little Boy is looking especially tired; such big dark circles under his eyes. I hope he's not getting sick. Like I'm afraid I am. :0(

1 comment:

Anna said...

Kids are funny. :) Some day they'll get such a kick out of reading these! I hope you're not all getting sick - we have one here who's throwing up. :( I'm hoping against hope that he keeps it to himself.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets