"Huh?"
"We're leaving today; we're moving to Grandma and Granddad's house."
I don't know why, but this hurt. I remember wanting to move to my grandparents' house, but I think I had more to run from. So I played along.
Here are my dear children, leaving home. You can’t see what they are carrying, but they did make sure to take a couple pair of undies, a stuffed animal to sleep with, and a couple little toys. And Baby took her pink feather boa.
"BYE!"
They were home for lunch.
DH has been pretty faithful about working out/playing on the Wii Fit+. Here he is hulla-hooping with the kids. Precious.
Today the Dish Network guy came – 5 minutes after DH left for work. Perfect timing, huh? DH decided to get a DVR through the dish. The one we have is full of recordings. We now have another 359.9 hours of hard drive space. And a new remote to learn.
I think we need another remote.
3 comments:
Your remotes make me laugh. :)
Grandma's house is always more appealing - no matter how good your mom is. They're not running away from a bad home, they're running to a place where they're not told "no" as often, there are more treats, and they're indulged in the way only a grandma can.
Ethan used to tell me that he wished Grandma was his mom, but he still wanted Luke to be his Papa. :) Kinda made me feel like chopped liver!
Poor Mama. I knew it was just a kid thing, but I was somewhat offended.
They told Granddad they were moving in, and he laughed and said, "No, you're not." LOL
My cousin and I (about 5) switched mothers. Worked great until I heard her call MY mother "Mommy" -- a crying fit ensured and we switched back. When my daughter was 5, she also informed us she was packing and moving in with grandmother. It was interesting to see what she thought was important enough to take. Guess it's always thus?
Post a Comment