Friday, January 15, 2010

What's for supper?

So what do you make for supper when you are sick? Daddy already fixed frozen pizza for lunch.

I think we might go with chicken nuggets, or something else that is easy and not too stinky pungent fragrant.

But what I'd really like to eat is this:

Simple Chicken Noodle Soup in a crock pot

1 chicken in pieces (3-4 leg/thigh quarters) I take off the skin & as much fat as I can
2 Chicken bullion cubes or 2 cups chicken broth
2 quarts water (less 2 cups if you use broth)
1 T. salt
¼ tsp. Pepper
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
¼ c. fresh parsley
½ tsp. Marjoram or basil
1 bay leaf
6 oz. Wide Egg Noodles

Directions: Place all ingredients except noodles in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Remove chicken and bay leaf. Take meat off the bones & dice – return meat to the pot. Add noodles. Cook ½ hour on high.

We buy the large bag of leg/thigh quarters from Wal-mart. Great with garlic cheese biscuits (recipe on Bisquick box).

Would anyone volunteer to come make this? I don't think I could stand that long. Blah.

3 comments:

Anna said...

I'd come, but it's a little far. :) And it's 9:00pm your time, too. Does hubby have the weekend off so you can take it easy tomorrow?

Tammy said...

No - but he is on 2nd if I'm feeling icky in the morning.

I ended up eating some rice for supper. :0/

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

We mentioned to our doctor a couple of years ago that we fix each other homemade chicken soup when illness strikes. Now he checks each time to be certain we still do. He said not only is it good for you, the love that goes into it helps, too. Moms need it more than anyone else.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets