I can only do what I can do.
That may be a cop-out. Or I may just be giving myself permission to not be the perfect person my head (Satan?) keeps telling me I should be. And I'm trying to not live a life of guilt for falling short.
So my Christmas cards will go out in the middle of January.
My Christmas tree will be put away after the Christmas cards are done.
I won't feel guilty for taking my daughter out to eat after ballet instead of going to the Ladies' Fellowship meeting.
I won't beat myself up, or allow anyone else to beat me up, for not taking my kids to Wednesday night church.
There are many other things that I look at every day that need to be done or taken care of or cleaned, and I'm giving myself permission to get to them when I get to them.
Right now I'm focusing on losing weight, keep my son on track in homeschooling, and spending enough time with my daughter.
I feel like my husband is getting the leftovers. Poor guy.
1 comment:
This is something Luke and I have talked about extensively with the changes within our family in the last couple of years. It's easy to start applying extra-biblical standards to what we expect of ourselves, but you can only do what you can do.
Just my opinion, but do try to make time for hubby. It's good for both of you. :)
Post a Comment