Monday, January 11, 2010

Epiphany?

I've been really determined to lose weight this year. I was thinking about how difficult things are for my 6 year old son to deal with. He has to... wait for it... wash his hands before each meal. Some days he acts like I'm asking him to do something very difficult.

Not so terrible, but then he has to poke his finger, squeeze out a drop of blood and test it with his meter. OUCH. And after DH and/or I calculate his carbs, he gets a shot of insulin before he eats. He acts like that doesn't even faze him, but I know it must sting at the very least.

And realistically or not, we expect him to do this without fussing.

So if I can ask all this of my son, I can control the food that goes into my mouth!

I need to type this out and post it with a picture of the dress from my last post, this pic, and Philippians 4:13 on every flat surface in my kitchen to remind me.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Sometimes it's all in your perspective. Good post.

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

Never underestimate the ability of a child to teach us life's lessons. He's doing well!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets