Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Today is one of the most exciting days

of my life. Tonight as I brushed my daughter's teeth before bed, my son told me he wanted to talk to his Sunday school teacher, Mrs. Letta. I asked him what he wanted to talk to her about. He said he wanted to pray with her to get saved - he wanted to live in Heaven when he died. I could feel myself holding my breath in excitement, but I didn't want to let on. See, I made a profession as a child to please my parents. I didn't want Little Boy to make that mistake, too.

I calmly told him that he didn't have to wait to talk to her; Daddy or I could pray with him. He said he wanted to pray with me.

Well. Baby was still awake. And boy, did Satan want to distract us! She didn't want to go to bed, but Mommy finally won.

I sat on the couch, and talked to my sweet son. I read a couple verses and explained them. He said, "Let me get this straight," and he repeated back to me what I said to him. I confirmed his statement. He was very serious, and I asked him if he wanted to pray (the Sinner's Prayer) with me. I prayed, he repeated; we said, "Amen!" And he looked at me with the most beautiful smile - not just on his face - but in his eyes. I asked him what he just did. He told me he asked Jesus to come into his heart, and to wash away his sins with His blood, and to take him to Heaven to live with God forever when he died. We wrote the date in the back of my Bible. My heart is almost as full as the day I asked Jesus into my heart to save me from MY sins.

I hugged him so hard! I cried tears of joy, and he offered to get me a Kleenex. But I told him that wasn't necessary; I just wanted to hold his little body in my arms. And he hugged me back just as hard.

2 comments:

Anna said...

That is so awesome! Tell him we're so happy for him! The angels are rejoicing, and so are we. :)

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

There are scriptures specifically for the joyous occasion:

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
(3 John 1:4 KJV)

and:

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth,
(Luke 15:7 KJV)

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets