Ah - NOT the group. I'm talking about the thieves who stole my kids' pumpkins off the wall by our front porch. And then these integrity-deficient people smashed the pumpkins at the end of the road.
My son cried this morning. Baby was upset, too, but I was able to keep her from crying. We hadn't had a chance to even carve them yet. So we went to WalMart after church to look for replacements. We found the little baking pumpkins, and I picked out the largest ones they had. We'll have to do some carving tomorrow.
I have several ideas for next year:
1) My closed circuit camera will be on the porch, running through the VCR on record.
2) Bottom half of pumpkin will be smeared with peanut butter.
3) At least one rotten egg will be in the bottom of each pumpkin.
4) Collected dog poop will be on the lawn in front of the wall.
5) I will capture a freeze-frame picture from the video of whomever dares to take them. I will make the picture as large as I can and I will post multiple copies of the pictures on telephone poles downtown with a caption on each: "I steal pumpkins from children."
Don't mess with Mommy.
1 comment:
According to Murphy's Law, if you do all that, no one will touch your pumpkins. :)
I'm sorry the kids were disappointed; I've never understood the urge to steal and smash pumpkins.
Post a Comment