but when other people whine, I am completely intolerant.
Ugh. I followed a link from a blog I read to a new blog I've never read. The writer posted about her daughter coming home from school, relating how inept the teachers and subs at her school are.
The writer made a comment about teachers teaching 6 hours a day and taking off for the summer.
OH MY WORD! You'd think she had offended the last living teacher! People were saying things like, "It's people like you..." and "Are you trying to lose readers?" I guess my comments were at the bottom, so no one may ever even read them, but can you say, "Whaa whaa whaa"? Go home and put on your big girl undies.
There is a misconception that teachers show up, babysit for 6 hours, and pine for summer vacation. Ok. So it's a misconception. There are misconceptions about EVERY occupation, I would guess.
And then there was the person who tried to shame teachers who now homeschool. I guess we've left our true calling and left poor little children to suffer.
I don't agree with the socialist idea that it takes a village to raise a child. Rather, I believe the biblical concept is that it takes a FAMILY to raise a child. And my first responsibility is to MY child.
Wha wha wha.
1 comment:
I saw the giveaway on Scribbit, but I didn't enter (because I figure I won't win anyway) and I didn't stick around to read any of the regular blog. Now you've made me very curious about it! ;)
Post a Comment