I've had a couple of really great, full, busy days. And I'm tired. And intolerant.
Tonight I was pulling into McDonald's and there were cars backing up on both sides of the drive-through lane. I was waiting for the one that was already moving, and as I started to pull up, the other vehicle - a SUV - started backing up. I honked and pulled up. As I was ordering, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the SUV pull up a bit ahead of me on my right. I was concentrating on ordering, so I wasn't really paying attention, but I'm fairly certain the woman driver rolled down her window and started yelling at me.
The human nature in me wanted to jump out of my car, go over to her vehicle, and pull her out of her vehicle by her hair, all the while informing her that she was a typical, ignorant local woman driver.
Instead, I acted like I didn't know she was there. Whew!
Tonight, I was commenting on a friend's post. She's looking for a used instrument; I asked if she had checked out ebay. She said she had in the past, but she didn't like watching and bidding, etc. and she was hesitant to buy something online. I wrote back that I reposted her request, but that she might look again at the buy-it-now items. I mentioned that I was very happy with an antique electric guitar that I bought a couple years ago.
One of her other friends mentioned "that as a former band director, I would steer you completely and totally away from computer searches. BAD move for a real musician."
Normally, I would just let it go. She doesn't know me; I don't know her. I don't want to start something on a friend's wall. But tonight, I spoke up. I responded: "Wow. I'm not a real musician. Hmm."
I just don't think it's a good time for me to be on boards or FB as I would feel great relief from removing someone's face. LOL
I should just go to bed.
1 comment:
Glad you didn't remove anyone's face. :) I hope you get some rest and feel better tomorrow!
Post a Comment