Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ouch

I'm getting tired of getting attacked. I walked into church tonight and a deacon's wife started interrogating questioning me about a date we decided to meet and clean out the old Sunday school building. She started out by stating, "Well, I'm just going to be bold." What the heck? Do people really think they have to be confrontational when talking to me? And then she starts in, questioning what MY plan is, do I have a truck, am I going to haul stuff away, what do I plan to do with the stuff that is in the building, and on and on. I noticed the one guy adjusting his neck, watching to see what my reaction would be. I wasn't very happy. She ends it with, "Well, I just wanted to know what you were thinking."

I tried to be gracious; I was really working to control my facial expressions. I wanted to say, "Uh, no. You don't want to know what I am thinking."

DH is at work; I called him on the way home. He told me I should just cancel the cleaning day. I don't know what to do. I do know my face was hot even at the end of the service.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I'd be thinking that she should be in charge of it all. Sounds like she has lots to contribute. Then you wouldn't have to mess with it!

Tammy said...

Yeah. Clearly, the men were discussing it before I arrived, and she decided to be the mouth-piece. I've pretty much decided to cancel it, and let the men figure it out on their own. And I probably won't be able to show up. I didn't make any of the mess anyway.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets