Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Canned Mushrooms

I don't know why, but I prefer canned mushrooms to fresh. I'll eat fresh mushrooms, but given the choice, especially to top pizza, I'd pick canned. I was buying WalMart brand because I liked the taste. But then the taste changed, and I knew they weren't the same.

And then it happened.

I happened to read the label. And I saw the words, "Product of China."

What?!!!

I'm sorry. I just cannot eat them. I know mushrooms are grown in manure-rich soil. I just cannot stand the thought of eating mushrooms grown in Chinese manure-rich soil. I just know their standards are not as high as "ours". Look at all the recalled toys. I sometimes think they are over there laughing at our children playing with contaminated toys.

Back to mushrooms. I started looking at the labels on the other brands. Even Pennsylvania Dutch brand, which btw, are grown in Indonesia. I've found Giorgio brand which are grown in the USA. My new-found favorite.

I was afraid I was going to have to switch to fresh mushrooms. Whew!

No comments:

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets