So we had a brief meeting after the morning service regarding church decor. This could have been ugly, with many chiefs wanting to be THE chief. I had asked LC to coordinate the colors and design. She's very sweet, but a bit quiet and timid. I was afraid if it went badly, she'd be scarred. Thankfully, the Lord was in control. SR suggested that LC show us the color swatches LC has in her new hair salon. She pulled them out, and everyone LOVED them. We talked about eventually transitioning the whole building into one cohesive color scheme. We have burgundy carpet, and mauve-ish tweed pews. We have ugly sky-blue and royal front doors, and a sign with blue paint. I mentioned that we would like to work them all into the same color scheme. SR, whose voice is like nails on a chalkboard, said, "I have burgundy in my house, but that color is going out of style." I just said that right now, that's what we have to work with, and until we have a pile of money, we have to work with it indefinitely. She just said we shouldn't make everything burgundy. Uhhh. We don't have to make it burgundy, but we do have to work with that color.
So, while the blue paint that was put up on the wall as an example of what the focal wall would look like, it doesn't mesh with the rest of the building. We have to tread lightly when it comes to our front doors. The man who painted them is currently dealing with deep depression. It wouldn't be our intention to offend him, but we shouldn't have to live with ugly doors either. Oh well.
SR started getting crazy with "accent walls". I said if you have too many, they aren't accent walls anymore. I got one giggle from a girl. I also said we really don't want to draw attention to the ugly brick wall with ugly conduit coming down for electrical outlets. LC said which walls would work best as accent walls, everyone agreed, and the meeting was basically done. LC and I talked a little longer about what finish the paint should be.
And then KM came down. She had wanted to be at the meeting. But she got cornered by a lady who said she gave the former pastor's wife, DL, a cookbook. DL was not happy that her recipes are in the book, and asked us to remove them. ROFL. ROLLING EYES. The books are printed and will soon be paid for. If she wants, she can take a marker and cross whatever she wants out of her own copy. I intentionally left them in so no one would be offended. I would hope she would appreciate the book for the recipes of some of our older members, some of whom have passed away. It is sad that she is so bitter. I think our church has treated them quite well considering.
The SS teacher who has the cabinet came and talked to me. She wanted to know if I would be able to take the little table back to Sam's. I told her I would find a use for it there, or I'd use it at home. Then she wanted to be sure it was ok for her to take that cabinet. (NOW you're asking?) I told her it was ok, but that I was upset when I saw the mess. She said she and KM came back last night to clean it up, but it was done. Yeah. I know. I said since no one said anything or left a note or anything, I figured it was left for me to clean it up. She apologized. It ended ok. I need to call her and let her know it's ok.
So other than the one lady with a beef about our former pastor, today has gone well.
Other than the snow. ugh.


1 comment:
I like the colors you're going with ... neutral but pretty. And disregard the email I sent you a minute ago about the whole cabinet thing. :)
Post a Comment