OK, this looks like a pic that maybe you didn't take...but if you did take this and your LO is on syringes, I'd like to suggest you ask your Dr. about insulin pens...no measuring, no syringes, just the pen and pen needles. FABULOUS!
My son is the diabetic; we've offered the pens and he's a bit freaked out by anything new. His endo uses the pen, and has shown it to my son. But for now we're just doing what he's comfortable with. But we use the tiny syringes that are marked with 1/2 units. I guess I was thinking pens weren't as accurate for tiny doses?
Lane Michael (my 8 year old) is my diabetic...my endo said the pens are more accurate because it's easy to get an air bubble...but it might be one of those things that docs disagree on, you know? I just know that when we transitioned from syringes to pen Lane Michael was able to take some control. He started doing shots for himself at 6 or 7...I would tell him how many units and he can dial it up, I check it and he does the shot. But, he very much likes the control and has been diabetic for a very long time. If you have any fun tips or tricks, I'd love to hear them!
3 comments:
OK, this looks like a pic that maybe you didn't take...but if you did take this and your LO is on syringes, I'd like to suggest you ask your Dr. about insulin pens...no measuring, no syringes, just the pen and pen needles. FABULOUS!
My son is the diabetic; we've offered the pens and he's a bit freaked out by anything new. His endo uses the pen, and has shown it to my son. But for now we're just doing what he's comfortable with. But we use the tiny syringes that are marked with 1/2 units. I guess I was thinking pens weren't as accurate for tiny doses?
Lane Michael (my 8 year old) is my diabetic...my endo said the pens are more accurate because it's easy to get an air bubble...but it might be one of those things that docs disagree on, you know? I just know that when we transitioned from syringes to pen Lane Michael was able to take some control. He started doing shots for himself at 6 or 7...I would tell him how many units and he can dial it up, I check it and he does the shot. But, he very much likes the control and has been diabetic for a very long time. If you have any fun tips or tricks, I'd love to hear them!
Post a Comment