What makes you different from everyone else. I don't know!
Everyone is unique, so is being unique actually unique?
I think the things that make people unique are their experiences. The combination of good things and the bad things that we've gone through, and the way we allow those things to affect us.
Each thing in and of itself isn't so significant. But the varied combinations make us unique.
I'm a child of the 60s. I'm a second child. My parents were gifted, but thoroughly flawed. See, so far not so unique. I've moved 14 times. I've worked as a secretary, a teacher, an accounting clerk, an administrative assistant for a professional orchestra, a teacher...
I could go on and on. It's so boring; I'm boring myself.
My son is a T1. Each day, more children are diagnosed. So that doesn't make me (or him) unique. But it does set us apart. I watch cooking shows. It may be simple to whip up a meal, but then I have to count the carbs. And I see pictures of people at parties, having a great time. Parties make me sweat. How do I count the carbs?
I homeschool my kids. Most days we just get by. Occasionally, we work something fun in. But my son hates school, so we are doing good just to get through the basics before we have a meltdown. And the fun stuff doesn't motivate him to enjoy it more; he just wants to do more of the fun stuff. Although, the last couple days he has read from a book about construction that he enjoys without fussing. That's been refreshing.
I enjoy singing. I am fairly good. I'm not really recording artist material.
Dang. This is supposed to be fun, but this is just depressing. I'm.. so... average.
1 comment:
I didn't think it was boring. And while you may be average compared to the rest of the people in the world (and most of are by definition, of course) I bet there are a lot of people to whom you are one-of-a-kind. Who cares what some stranger thinks when your children think you are amazing? Or what how you compare to the rest of the world when your husband chose *you* because he saw something special? You could probably come up with any number of ways you're unique to the people who matter most in your life.
Post a Comment