Someone you love.
How do I pick just one? I have a small group of close friends/family who love me. But I have to pick my husband.
We met in our 30s and married a year after we met on a Christian dating site. But for the first 6 months, we communicated long distance. That wasn't easy, but looking back it was a blessing. We spent every minute "together" talking. We didn't chit-chat about where to go, or what to do. We talked. We did Bible/book studies over the phone. We prayed together. We talked about favorites, pet peeves, hopes and dreams. We shared our frustrations and heartaches. We learned all about each other. I don't think there were very many surprises when we actually met and spent time together. We had an easy, smooth transition when I did move here.
He loves me inspite of all my shortcomings. He loves me in deed. Almost daily he cleans up the kitchen, and often clears the table. He loads and unloads the dishwasher. He washes his own laundry, and often throws the kids' clothes in, too. By the end of the day, when my legs, feet and back are killing me, he is my hero. He comforts me when I am hard on myself. He insists that our children speak to me in a respectful way. That really is a blessing.
I LOVE that man! I'm so glad God brought us together!
1 comment:
Very sweet. :) I love reading posts like this.
Post a Comment