Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March - Day 1

Recent picture of yourself & 15 interesting facts:

Ok - I'm not sure about the picture. I'll have to see if there are any that aren't too horrible. And I don't know that I'm all that interesting, or if things I think are interesting are actually interesting... And my sister-in-law, who is my one faithful reader, probably knows all these anyway.
1. I live in the mountains.
2. I've lived here for 11 years; the longest I've ever lived in one place.
3. I've now taught students in every grade from Kindergarten to 12th.
4. I have skied in California.
5. I've jumped off a 30' cliff into 80' of water.
6. My favorite comfort-food sandwich is mayo and pickles.
7. My favorite color is purple.
Stink. Am I stuck already? It's late, and I'll have to finish this tomorrow.
8. I was a nanny for a year+ in Chicago for one little girl.
9. I was the administrative assistant for a professional orchestra. (Not as exciting as it sounds.)
10. I have a list of many favorite TV shows that I'm trying to whittle down.
11. When I was a child, and even as a teenager, I was terribly shy.
12. I used to read about 10 books a week when I was in high school. Now I'm lucky to read a couple a year. Maybe if I watched less TV....
13. I almost cut off my large knuckle on my left hand pointer with a huge knife when I was 3, I spent a week in the hospital when I was 5 for dehydration, I had scarlet fever when I was in grade school, I broke my collar bone in 2nd grade, I dislocated my tailbone in high school, I had pleurisy as a young adult, and somewhere along the line I broke my nose (my ENT informed me). Add that to psoriatic arthritis, and I think I've had my fair share.
14. I used to have an astigmatism, but wearing ugly glasses for several years corrected that. No. Really. They were UGLY.
15. I have two children and one baby in heaven.

Ok. So I finished the list.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I bet you have more faithful readers than you realize; only a small percentage of readers comment on any given blog. I have 9 or 10 people subscribed through google and a couple more that follow through blogger, but you're usually the only one who comments on mine.

And anyway, I learned three new things about you! #2 (the part about that being the longest you've lived anywhere), #4, and #5!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets